Global warming is the increase of the average weather temperature of the Earth’s surface air and oceans. Global warming has been in effect since the mid-20th century. Since then, it is projected that with the current state of the environment, this increase will continue to happen. Global warming is said to be in effect in large part due to the rapid increase of greenhouse gas in the last two centuries.
1. One of the components that is held largely responsible for global warming is volcanoes and solar radiation. The two began to have an effect on the climate temperature in the 1950s. These contributing factors have been attributed to be a cause of global warming by over 40 science academies and scientific societies.
2. Another thing that is highly associated with global warming is the notion that this increase in global temperature through global warming will cause there to be a rise in sea levels. Throughout the years, scientists have seen that increasing sea levels lead to an increase in temperatures. So, it is not far fetched to say that, in turn, global warming will lead to rising sea levels.
3. Global warming is slated to effect the pattern of precipitation. We have already seen this pattern change, which many people have concluded is associated with global warming.
4. Global warming is said to lead to a dessert expansion. Due to the increasing temperatures, it is a fair assessment to say that this will expand the areas that have a very high temperature since the temperature will be forced to expand to an even larger mass area.
5. Global warming will continue to decrease the number of glaciers, permafrost, and sea ice. The increased temperatures through global warming is too high to support the freezing temperatures necessary for glaciers, permafrost, and sea ice. If global warming continues to persist in this manner, it will lead to what many call the Arctic shrinkage. This theory predicts that in time the size of the Arctic will continue to decrease. And global warming is deemed to be the cause of this region, and will be one of the most sought after regions hit due to its high resistance to high climate changes.
6. Global warming is said to lead to the extinction of many species. Many species will not be able to survive to live in the world with the growing temperatures that global warming continues to project.
7. Global warming is said to lead to an increase in extreme weather activity, It is predicted that there will be more frequent, devastating storms as global warming continues to persist. The storms will be much more catastrophic and there will be a growing number of high category storms.